Jack D Griffin, Jr DMD MAGD
Format: Lecture and participation
Half or full day, 2 day workshops
Porcelain restorations are the standard in cosmetic dentistry and in this day of heightened cosmetic awareness, we are held to higher cosmetic standards than at any time in dental history. Often the choice in materials, preparation styles, temporization, and lab communication can lead to confusion, stress, and less than ideal results. How can we prevent breakage, de-bonding, and simplify placement? Focus will be on efficiency in each of these areas to make aesthetic porcelain restorations both stress free and rewarding. This program is intended for any dentist or staff interested in maximizing office efficiency and taking the stress out of success esthetic porcelain cases.
The format will be a high energy, interactive lecture going through many actual clinical cases. The emphasis will be on anterior/cosmetic cases but we will also discuss choices in posterior tooth colored indirect restorations that are giving us more success than any restorations since gold. Anterior cases will be taken from planning, mock up, preparation, impression taking, temporization, lab communication, and cementation. Our goal is to take the anxiety out of each of these steps and to increase your efficiency with these materials. We will review cases where things didn’t work out so well and what to do when these problems arise. This is a comprehensive course covering current concepts in esthetic restorative materials to use in any cosmetic and general dentistry practice…what works today!
- Great new materials…how and when to use them: lithium disilicate, zirconia, pressed
- Understanding the basics of smile design, cosmetic case planning and preparation
- The most durable aesthetic materials EVER
- Steps is insure luting/cementation success… what and how to use
- Preparations for success … minimal preparation that will help insure success
- Excellent digital photography for lab communication, case blueprint , and patient acceptance
- Efficient mock ups, hassle-free temporaries, stress-free cementation
- Anterior tooth replacement: using veneer principles for great results
Click on a link below to download the course handout.
- 2011-12 Perfecting the Art of Porcelain Restorations
- 2010 Perfecting the Art of Porcelain Veneers Handout
- 2009 Perfecting the Art of Porcelain Veneers Handout